Terms & Conditions
Weddings, Functions and Banqueting
- Provisional reservations will be held for seven days. Bookings not confirmed will automatically be released.
- A booking is only confirmed on receipt of a letter of confirmation together with a suitable deposit as laid out below. This deposit is non-refundable unless the hotel is able to resell to another client for a similar value.
a. Wedding Receptions £400.00
b. Banqueting & Other Events £300.00
- Final details and full payment must be received at least four weeks before the event. The hotel will accept reductions of up to 10 per cent of numbers originally booked. The Hotel will always charge a minimum of 90 per cent numbers originally booked.
- Any extra charges incurred on the day must be settled on departure. The hotel reserves the right to add a credit charge of 2 ½ per cent per month to overdue accounts.
- The hotel strongly advises cancellation insurance, as all payments, once received are non-refundable except in the case of clause 2 above.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, provisional bookings will be held for fourteen days, after which they will be automatically realised without notices.
- A booking is only confirmed if supported in writing by the client with approved credit facilities, or if supported by a suitable deposit requested by the hotel.
- Once confirmed the booking is subject to the cancellation, curtailment or reduction clauses below;
- Final numbers are to be confirmed no less than seven days prior to the event. The hotel will accept a reduction of up to 10 per cent of the numbers originally booked. The hotel will always charge a minimum of 90 per cent of numbers originally booked.
- In the event that the client has to cancel or curtail a booking, the hotel will charge a cancellation fee based on the following scale.
i. Over 6 months prior 25 per cent
ii. 4-6 months prior 50 per cent
iii. 1-3 months prior 75 per cent
iv. Less than 1 month prior 100 per cent
- Conference delegates with bedroom bookings that do not stay for the confirmed number of nights will be charged regardless of circumstance.
- An individual booking is only confirmed if supported by a deposit requested by the Hotel or credit card “guarantee”.
- Company and Group bookings are only confirmed if supported in writing, with approved credit facilities or if supported by a suitable deposit requested by the hotel.
- Individual bookings may normally be cancelled without penalty up until noon on the day prior to arrival. Bookings cancelled after this time will be invoiced for one night’s charges without notice. Group bookings may have a different policy, depending on numbers and details will be made known to the client at the time of booking.
Charges & Payment
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all invoices are due on departure.
- The hotel requires at least 14 days to set up a credit account and reserves the right to refuse credit or withdraw credit at any time without notice.
- Credit accounts are due for payment by the end of the month following invoice date. The hotel reserves the right to add a credit charge of 2 ½ per cent per month to overdue accounts.
- Should a deposit be required for any booking or event this will be detailed separately to the client. All deposits and pre- Payments are non refundable .
There are separate and specific terms and conditions applicable to coach tours that are available on request.
- Clients and their guests are required to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times. Unruly clients and their guests will be evicted, with no refund of any monies paid.
- The hotels reserves the right to hold any client liable for any loss or damage to the Hotel’s property, fixtures and fittings including items hired for their use. They may also be liable for injury to any person, including the staff, which arises from the client’s actions.
- Clients and their guests may not consume food or drink on the premises that have not been supplied by the hotel.
- The hotel will not be liable for failure to provide, or delay in providing facilities or services as a result of event or matters outside the Hotel’s control.
- The Hotel will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the requirements of each client are met. However, the Hotel reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least comparable standard, at no extra cost to the client.